Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sour Cream Coleslaw

Yep, Max, I think that Effie’s Easy Corn Relish is more salad than relish, and I suppose if you had plenty of fresh corn you could use that too by quickly cooking it first. With our drough we aren’t having enough corn even to eat fresh, and there certainly won’t be any to freeze for the winter.

We’ve talked so many times about various Coleslaws that I don’t know if I have shared this recipe with you or not. To me, this is pretty much the standard, everyday version of slaw. Nothing fancy, but good everyday fare.

Sour Cream Coleslaw:

1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
½ teaspoon celery seeds
6 cups finely shredded cabbage

Mix all together and chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.

Makes 6 servings.

No comments: