Friday, June 8, 2007

Strawberries Armagnac

Max dear, I just remembered another easy and delightful strawberry dessert: Strawberries Armagnac. Yes, it is another one of those old Southern (Alabama, I think) recipes that is heavy on the booze. Think magnolias in bloom, white wicker furniture on the veranda, a soft Southern breeze, and ladies in big, flowered hats sipping this dessert with antique coin silver spoons.

Strawberries Armagnac:

4 ounces sherry
4 ounces port
2 ounces armagnac

Breaking News Flash!

Max, Tom just came home for lunch and he heard the most incredible Paris Hilton update. Just when I thought no one could top last night’s story on releasing that girl from jail after a few days because, “she had panic attacks,” here comes the news that the judge has ordered her back in court and won’t let her have a phone hearing.

What has the world of justice come to? First, some sherrif takes it upon himself to release a sentenced prisioner after 3 days, and then the poor baby is given an ankle bracelet and told to remain in her four bedroom mansion to complete her jail time. Such a hardship that must be. Family and friends are free to visit. She has a pool. No doubt she has servants to take care of her. What kind of punishment is that?

Confine me to my house for 40 days, and call it punishment? Come on now!

Justice is blind they say. Well, Lady Justice must be crying into her eye covering over this one. If I were an attorney, the next time one of my clients is sentenced to jail, I would make sure they had a “Panic Attack” and demand that the be given home incarceration. What a farce! That sherrif had better hope that the Hilton’s are going to provide him with a job and income because I think the public outrage is going to force him out of office. Fast!!

Sherrifs here are elected, and I suppose that they are in California too. Imagine running for re-election with this scandel on your public record? I can’t believe that the public, let alone the sentencing judge, is going to stand for this.

I hope the judge orders Paris right back to jail to serve her full sentence, and if it can be proven that a bribe was offered that they take down the whole sleazy bunch.

Well, I must run, I’ll finish this tomorrow!

No comments: